JBL Algo Pond Green 500ml
- For water to suit both fish and plants: water conditioner to combat floating algae (green water) in the garden pond.
- Easy to use: determine the required quantity, mix it with pond water in a watering can, pour it evenly over the pond. Repeat after 24 h.
- Reliable and fast: attacks and destroys algae cells within a few days.
- Harmless to fish when used correctly.
- Contents: water conditioner AlgoPond Green. Dosage: 25 ml per approx. 1000 l pond water.
- To combat floating algae in the garden pond AlgoPond Green eliminates floating algae (the cause of green water in the pond).
- The effective algaecide doesn’t disturb the balance of the garden pond.
- Once killed off, the algae and the algaecide are degraded by bacteria living in the pond.
- JBL’s zero-risk concept Algae can pollute the pond water and thus cause damage to the fish and the plants in the pond.
- In collaboration with scientists JBL has developed a concept for a permanent removal of algae.
- Stabilise the water: increase the mineral content for anti-algae agents (JBL StabiloPond) to work more effectively Combat algae: add a suitable anti-algae agent (JBL AlgoPond) into the water Limit nutrients: remove the nutrients of dying algae (JBL PhosExPond)
AlgoPond Green is easy to use:
- Always use it in the morning.
- Determine the required quantity for the garden pond.
- Mix the calculated quantity with pond water in a watering can and spread it evenly over the pond.
- After use do not bathe in swimming ponds for 1 week.
- 25 ml per approx. 1000 l pond water. Repeat after 24 h.
What happens to the algae after I use an anti-algae agent?
> Any anti-algae agent, such as JBL AlgoPond forte, AlgoPond green or Algol cause the dead algae to decompose biologically and then be broken down bacterially. This in turn leads to an enormous oxygen consumption by the bacteria (nitrification) and to the release of the nutrients nitrate and phosphate, which were "bound" in the algae. In principle, this feeds the next generation of algae. This is the reason why JBL always recommends binding the released nutrients as the last step in algae control after the targeted control of the algae with an anti-algae agent. Since it is sufficient to remove one of the two nutrients, we recommend you remove the phosphate, and this can easily be carried out with a good phosphate remover (JBL PhosEx Pond or JBL PhosEx).
By the way, it is always better to remove dying or dead algae by hand. The fewer algae are degraded, the fewer nutrients are released again!
Can I use several anti-algae agents together in the pond?
> Each JBL anti-algae agent has a special purpose. It is therefore not necessary to use several AlgoPond products at the same time. Use AlgoPond Green to combat green water. Use AlgoPond forte for thread algae and all other types of algae. If you want to change the product, allow a time interval of 14 days, a water change of at least 50 % and filtering via activated carbon. The products StabiloPond and PhosEx may, of course, be used together with an AlgoPond algae agent according to the 1-2-3 algae-free principle.
Can the pond care products JBL StabiloPond Basis, JBL StabiloPond KH, JBL OxyPond, JBL FilterStart Pond, JBL AlgoPond Direct*, JBL PhosEx Pond Filter, JBL SediEx Pond, JBL AlgoPond Sorb, JBL AgoPond Forte*, JBL AlgoPond Green*, JBL PhosEx Pond Direct and JBL BactoPond be used with an operating UV-C water clarifier without any problems or should the UV-C unit be switched off?
> In simple terms we can say that with the application of the liquid products JBL AlgoPond Sorb, JBL AgoPond Forte*, JBL, AlgoPond Green*, JBL PhosEx Pond Direct, JBL BactoPond the UV-C water clarifier should be temporarily switched off so that the active substances will not be destroyed. Please look up the time periods in the respective operation instructions.
With JBL StabiloPond basis, JBL StabiloPond KH, JBL OxyPond, JBL FilterStart Pond, JBL AlgoPond Direct*, JBL PhosEx Pond filter, JBL SediEx Pond the UV-C water clarifier may remain in operation.
* Labelling according to EU Directive 98/8/EC: Use biocides safely. Always read the label and product information before use!