JBL Herbil 250ml
- Green food pellets with minerals and vitamins for all tortoise species.
- Put pellets directly into food bowl or soak in advance. Adult animals 4-5 feeding per week. Feed juveniles on a daily basis.
- High fibre content with low plant protein content for a slow intestinal passage and ideal digestion of fibre promotes the animals’ health.
- Contains: dried grasses, minerals and herbs with vitamins. Without any colourings or preservatives.
- Package contents: 1 water and light-proof tin, sealed for freshness with green food pellets of approx. 7 mm diameter.
Treat your tortoises with healthy food:
- Tortoises are gourmets and certainly don’t eat everything.
- However they enjoy some foods they shouldn’t eat at all. Tomatoes, banana, citrus fruit and flesh are unsuitable.
- The NEW JBL Herbil’s composition and enrichment with herbs has been redesigned in cooperation with Dr. Petra Kölle from the Munich University.
- Palatability trials show that tortoises clearly prefer NEW JBL Herbil to all offered foods.
- Because even if a food is nutritionally perfectly composed it first of all needs to be accepted by the animal!
- This is very definitely the case with NEW JBL Herbil.
- With NEW JBL Herbil your tortoises get a perfect complete food. Of course you may collect green plant food and herbs to supplement the basic nutrition in summer. Tortoises like variety
- Feed several times a day, as much as can be eaten within a short time.
- For adult animals 4 to 5 feeds are sufficient per week.
- Feed alone soaked in a little water, or feed together with fresh meadow herbs.
- Crude protein (14.0%)
- Crude fat (2.0%)
- Crude fibre (20.0%)
- Crude ash (14.0%)
- calcium (2.1%)
How long does the food keep after opening?
> Please ensure you buy a packaging size suitable for your aquarium/terrarium/pond so that the quantity contained is used up within 4 months. Compare it with a tin of biscuits lying around for several months. When properly stored they are not necessarily soggy, but they are not quite as tasty as when the packet was opened. Therefore it is not advisable to use the food after this time.
The repeated opening and closing of the packaging brings the food into contact with bacteria and humidity over a longer storage period. Thus the quality of the premium food reduces continuously and this influences the vitamin content and the freshness of the food. For the benefit of your animals you always should feed them fresh food.
Are there any problems when changing over to this new food?
>No, because Herbil is a purely natural product with no artificial substances added. The 95% herb and grass content is not only a real treat for your tortoise but also satisfies their natural nutritional requirements.
Please don’t give your animal any “goodies” (which often contain sugar) during the changeover because this could make it difficult for the tortoise to accept its new food. After all even you might prefer steak and chips to a healthy salad, even though both meals taste good.