JBL ProCristal UV-C 5W
High-performance water clarifier for garden ponds
- Eliminates green water (floating algae) and whitish cloudiness (bacteria) reliably and quickly, using germ-killing UVC radiation.
- UV light is an entirely physical agent. There are no harmful side effects.
- Reduces the germ load and reduces the risk of infection.
- To extend the performance, devices can be joined together by connecting pieces (JBL ProCristal Connect).
- Highly durable thanks to the glass cylinder, which protects the internal reflecto
- Very high effectiveness – water flow has a maximum layer thickness of 10 mm.
- Automatic burner switch-off when opening the device ensures safety.
- Optional hose connector tails and threads for PVC tube fittings.
- Strong 2 m rubber cable with protective earth wire and safety plug.
- 4 year warranty on casing.
- Total length to the end of the hose nozzle: 46.5 cm. 50% more effective than the current range. Increased radiation because of the reflection foil outside the glass cylinder.
- Fittings are optimised for aquarium and pond hoses. Standardised fittings (tubing) fit the connection parts. Recent findings show that it is easier to partially sterilize bacteria than to combat clouding through algae. The reason for this is the difference in cell structure. Therefore the reach of a steriliser is wider for partial sterilisation than for combating floating algae.
- New electronic ballasts with higher degree of efficiency.
- Aeration: To prevent air bubbles inside the device the water clarifier needs to be lifted up for a few seconds with the water connection, where the water exits, on the upper side while the pump is running.
1.Why is combatting cloudiness less effective than partial sterilisation?
A partial sterilisation (against bacteria) is more effective than eliminating clouding caused by floating algae. Why? Because the cell structure of bacteria is quite simple. That’s why it is easier to destroy the cells of bacteria than those of algae.
2. JBL ProCristal UV-C: When is the permanent use of the device recommended?
When you have problems with bacterial infections on animals, the permanent use of the UV-C device is especially recommended. This is the only way to achieve an effective reduction of the germ load in the water. If no cases of illness are present, the operation can be limited to 12 h per day.
3. JBL ProCristal UV-C: Can I run the UV-C water clarifier when using medications?
When using medications you should definitely switch off the UV-C burner.
4. JBL ProCristal UV-C: How long does the device need to be in operation each day?
From a distance we cannot assess how long your device needs to be in operation each day. For this we need to know the germ load and the regeneration of the germ density in the aquarium. However based on values of our own experience we would recommend running the device for an absolute minimum of 12 h a day. A continuous operation is, however, better for the durability of the burner.
5. JBL ProCristal UV-C: I had cyanobacteria in the aquarium and have removed them mechanically. There are probably still some freely floating around and I would like to know whether they can be killed off with UV-C.
A UV-C lamp can also kill off cyanobacteria floating freely in the water.