JBL PROSCAPE VOLCANO MINERAL 9L
Success! We will notify you when stocks are back!
There was an error signing up for restock notifications. Please try again.
- Volcanic rock substrate as stable foundation for rock and root wood constructions: dedicated substrate for aquascaping aquariums.
- Basis substrate for natural aquariums: porous volcanic rock ensures water circulation at the bottom.
- Supplies plant roots with organic plant nutrients.
- Vigorous plant growth: ideal oxygen supply and circulation through open-pored structure. Long-term supply with nutrients and minerals.
- Safe foundation, no slipping: volcanic rock becomes firmly interlocked. Ideally suited for a firm foundation.
- Contents: 1 bag ProScape Volcano Mineral.
- Aquascaping is the term used for designing aquarium landscapes.
- This is where plant compositions, reproductions of landscapes above water or natural biotopes are created.
- An aquascaping aquarium contains no or few fish and invertebrates.
- This way the nutrient supply for plants is reduced and their growth is limited. Nitrogens, phosphorus and other minerals become scarce substances and need controlled and exact re-dosing.
- For healthy growth in their beautiful underwater landscape the plants need light, CO2 and the right nutrients.
- The highly porous volcanic rock fulfils important functions in an aquascaping aquarium:
- Firstly it forms a stable foundation for further rock constructions and/or root wood, which would otherwise slip downwards through the soil.
- Secondly many beneficial bacteria settle inside the porous structure.
- The porousness of the rock structure also enables the nutrient to penetrate it and it thus supplies numerous minerals enabling the plants to take root and grow well inside it.
- The calculation formula for the right amount of substrate is: length (cm) x width (cm) x height (cm): 1000 = litres JBL ProScape VolcanoMineral.
May I use an undergravel heating cable for this substrate?
> Yes, this combination with an undergravel heating cable is no problem.