JBL StabiloPond Basis KH 1kg
- Natural pond water balance: granulate to stabilise the pH value in the pond between 7.5 and 8.5 to successfully combat algae in the garden pond.
- Easy to use: tells you the required quantity, you spread it on the pond.
- Life insurance for fish and plants: prevents fish loss during algae blooms.
- No risk for fish and plants, ecologically balanced: precise increase of carbonate hardness to stabilise the pH value and to provide the best start conditions for the anti-algae agent to work effectively.
- Contents: pH/KH balancer, StabiloPond KH. For first time use or with carbonate hardness 0: 200 g/1000 l pond water, for repeated use: 100 g/1000 l pond water.
- Immediate aid for ponds before you start with the combating of algae
- If you do not use JBL StabiloPond Basis regularly, you need to increase the carbonate hardness before combating algae in order to stabilise the pH value and to make sure that the anti-algae agent works at all.
- We recommend you do that the evening BEFORE you add the anti-algae agent the next morning.
JBL’s zero-risk concept:
- Algae can pollute the pond water and thus cause damage to the fish and the plants in the pond. In collaboration with scientists JBL has developed a concept for a permanent removal of algae.
- Stabilise the water: increase the mineral content for anti-algae agents (JBL StabiloPond) to work more effectively
- Combat algae: add a suitable anti-algae agent (JBL AlgoPond) into the water
- Limit nutrients: remove the nutrients of dying algae (JBL PhosExPond)
Stabilo Pond KH is easy to use:
- Determine the required quantity for the garden pond. Spread the calculated quantity widely over the pond. Always use the granulate with a KH lower than 4 (best in the evening), before starting measures to combat algae, during algae blooms or after heavy rainfalls.
- 100 g granulate for 1000 l pondwater.
Can I use several anti-algae agents together in the pond?
> Each JBL anti-algae agent has a special purpose. It is therefore not necessary to use several AlgoPond products at the same time. Use AlgoPond Green to combat green water. Use AlgoPond forte for thread algae and all other types of algae. If you want to change the product, allow a time interval of 14 days, a water change of at least 50 % and filtering via activated carbon. The products StabiloPond and PhosEx may, of course, be used together with an AlgoPond algae agent according to the 1-2-3 algae-free principle.
What is the difference between JBL StabiloPond Basis and JBL StabiloPond KH?
> JBL StabiloPond Basis raises both the total hardness and the carbonate hardness. JBL StabiloPond KH raises the total hardness to the carbonate hardness at a ratio of 1:2.
How and when do I use JBL StabiloPond KH?
> How to use JBL StabiloPond KH:
In the evenings before the algae treatment, so that there is a sufficient buffer for the stabilization of the pH value.
After strong rainfall (thunderstorms in summer), because the rain can degrade the carbonate hardness as well as diluting it (key word: acid rain).
Use a dosage of 200g / 1.000 l pond water for the first application, or with carbonate hardness 0. For follow-up treatments 100g / 1000 l pond water is sufficient.
The powder is sprinkled onto the pond. Do not dissolve it in water beforehand. This will cause it to foam, which reduces the stabilizing effect for the pond water.
I followed the instructions and used JBL StabiloPond KH in the evenings and JBL Algo Pond Forte in the mornings. But I couldn’t see any difference.
> It is the correct procedure to use JBL StabiloPond in the evenings and JBLPond Forte in the mornings. However, depending on the conditions in the pond, the active substance needs 2-5 days before a reduction in algae growth becomes apparent. This cannot become apparent within a few hours. If necessary an additional dosage of AlgoPond Forte can be applied. This is useful in individual cases, when there is a very high level of algae growth.
Can the pond care products JBL StabiloPond Basis, JBL StabiloPond KH, JBL OxyPond, JBL FilterStart Pond, JBL AlgoPond Direct*, JBL PhosEx Pond Filter, JBL SediEx Pond, JBL AlgoPond Sorb, JBL AgoPond Forte*, JBL AlgoPond Green*, JBL PhosEx Pond Direct and JBL BactoPond be used with an operating UV-C water clarifier without any problems or should the UV-C unit be switched off?
> In simple terms we can say that with the application of the liquid products JBL AlgoPond Sorb, JBL AgoPond Forte*, JBL, AlgoPond Green*, JBL PhosEx Pond Direct, JBL BactoPond the UV-C water clarifier should be temporarily switched off so that the active substances will not be destroyed. Please look up the time periods in the respective operation instructions.
With JBL StabiloPond basis, JBL StabiloPond KH, JBL OxyPond, JBL FilterStart Pond, JBL AlgoPond Direct*, JBL PhosEx Pond filter, JBL SediEx Pond the UV-C water clarifier may remain in operation.
* Labelling according to EU Directive 98/8/EC: Use biocides safely. Always read the label and product information before use!