JBL AquaEX Set 20-45
- Siphons metabolites, food and plant remains (sludge) from the aquarium bottom. Convenient: with automatic suction device.
- Easy installation: connect the hose to the gravel cleaner, attach the hose with stopcock to the bucket, insert the cleaner – activate with shaking movements. Push the gravel cleaner into the ground, water suction siphons the debris.
- Automatic suction device (no priming by mouth required), cleans places which are difficult to reach: round cross section with “corner”, cleaning claw to adjust suction strength, internal diameter 40 mm.
- Protective sieve to prevent plants and fish from being sucked in.
- Package contents: 1 gravel cleaner Aqua Ex Set. Size: 20 - 45 cm, Ø 40 mm, incl. 2 m hose (12/16 mm), 2 hose clips, cockstop.
Dirt on the bottom:
- Food and plant remains and metabolic products form debris on the bottom of the aquarium (sludge).
- In case of oxygen deficiency in the aquarium there is the risk of putrefaction processes at the bottom caused by the debris.
- Putrefaction endangers the health of the aquarium inhabitants.
- It is therefore advisable to clean the bottom regularly.
- Connect hose on one end to the stopcock on other end to the gravel cleaner.
- Use the clip to attach the end with the stopcock to a bucket.
- The clip prevents the hose slipping out of the bucket.
- Hold the gravel cleaner into the water and activate it by shaking (no suction by mouth required).
- Move the gravel cleaner inch by inch through the gravel of the aquarium bottom.
- Finish by clipping the gravel cleaner to the aquarium rim and close the stopcock.
- The small round cross section enables you to clean places which are difficult to reach.
- The edge at the corner of the gravel cleaner allows you to clean into the aquarium corners.
- Suction strength can be adjusted with cleaning claw.
- Thanks to the built-in protective sieve it is impossible for fish or plants to be sucked in.
What am I doing wrong? JBL AquaEx Set 20-45 sucks in the substrate and clogs up the sieve in just seconds.
> A substrate, e.g.: Manado is a rather light substrate. If it is sucked in by the gravel cleaner, it is recommended to reduce the water current as a remedial action.