TROPICA Limnobium laevigatum 1-2-GROW!
- Aquarium plant from tissue culture in closed cup.
- Limnobium laevigatum from South America is a decorative floating plant that is particularly suitable for open aquariums.
- 1-5 cm tall and leaves from 5-15 cm wide.
- It is also good in traditional aquariums, because the fine, long and decorative roots provide protection to gouramies and other surface fish that like the roots of floating plants.
- If there are enough nutrients in the water and the light intensity is good, new leaves will appear above the water surface.
- It may become necessary to remove some to avoid that the plants beneath it still gets some light.
- When the nutrient level in the water decreases, it will grow much slower which makes it a great indicator of the available nutrients
|Height:||3 - 5+|
Small plants with great success. 1•2•Grow! Are very young plants cultivated and delivered directly from our laboratory. The plants are guaranteed to be free from snails, algae and pesticides and therefore are totally harmless for sensitive shrimp and fish. The range offers unique plants!
Success with your aquarium depends largely on the proper plant choice. In a 1•2•Grow! cup you buy a myriad of plants which can be divided into small portions and cover a larger area. Plants are compact from the start so you will experience a dense and beautiful growth, if you give them the right fertiliser and CO2 from the start! The range is perfect for small and medium sized aquariums, and your patience will be rewarded...
The range offers several mosses and specialties such as Rotala macrandra, Rotala 'Bonsai' and mini versions of traditional varieties such as Alternanthera and Eleocharis.
See our video about how to handle these plants here or read below:
Carefully take the plant out of the cup and rinse off the growing media under the tap.
Split the plant in 6-8 portions using your fingers or sharp scissors (for small foreground plants).
Plant portions into the substrate using tweezers. Then watch them grow!