TROPICA Salvinia auriculata 1-2-GROW!
- Salvinia auriculata is a cosmopolitan floating fern, 1-3 cm that grows quickly if there is sufficient nutrition and light.
- Light leaves are a sign of a shortage of micronutrients. It tends to shade light from the plants at the bottom.
- Salvinia varieties have small hairs on their leaves, making them water resistant.
- Helps prevent algae by shading parts of the aquarium and using nutrients in the water.
- Grows very big in the wild and in optimum conditions. A decorative plant for open aquariums.
|Height:||3 - 5+|
Small plants with great success. 1•2•Grow! Are very young plants cultivated and delivered directly from our laboratory. The plants are guaranteed to be free from snails, algae and pesticides and therefore are totally harmless for sensitive shrimp and fish. The range offers unique plants!
Success with your aquarium depends largely on the proper plant choice. In a 1•2•Grow! cup you buy a myriad of plants which can be divided into small portions and cover a larger area. Plants are compact from the start so you will experience a dense and beautiful growth, if you give them the right fertiliser and CO2 from the start! The range is perfect for small and medium sized aquariums, and your patience will be rewarded...
The range offers several mosses and specialties such as Rotala macrandra, Rotala 'Bonsai' and mini versions of traditional varieties such as Alternanthera and Eleocharis.
See our video about how to handle these plants here or read below:
Carefully take the plant out of the cup and rinse off the growing media under the tap.
Split the plant in 6-8 portions using your fingers or sharp scissors (for small foreground plants).
Plant portions into the substrate using tweezers. Then watch them grow!