Tropica Hygrophila 'Araguaia' 1-2-GROW!
- " Araguaia" is a river system in Brazil and it is under this name that the plant has become known.
- There are many signs, however, that the plant is a Hygrophila lancea from Japan and Hong Kong.
- The stem becomes 10-20 cm tall and 6-15 cm wide. It has compact, tight-sitting leaves and grows branches easily.
- Pinching of the stems maintains a bushy look.
- The colour is reddish brown to purple, promoted by good growth conditions.
- The growth rate is average for a Hygrophila.
|10 - 20+
Small plants with great success. 1•2•Grow! Are very young plants cultivated and delivered directly from our laboratory. The plants are guaranteed to be free from snails, algae and pesticides and therefore are totally harmless for sensitive shrimp and fish. The range offers unique plants!
Success with your aquarium depends largely on the proper plant choice. In a 1•2•Grow! cup you buy a myriad of plants which can be divided into small portions and cover a larger area. Plants are compact from the start so you will experience a dense and beautiful growth, if you give them the right fertiliser and CO2 from the start! The range is perfect for small and medium sized aquariums, and your patience will be rewarded...
The range offers several mosses and specialties such as Rotala macrandra, Rotala 'Bonsai' and mini versions of traditional varieties such as Alternanthera and Eleocharis.
See our video about how to handle these plants here or read below:
Carefully take the plant out of the cup and rinse off the growing media under the tap.
Split the plant in 6-8 portions using your fingers or sharp scissors (for small foreground plants).
Plant portions into the substrate using tweezers. Then watch them grow!