JBL ProPond Sterlet S (0.5 / 1.5kg)
- Complete food with the right protein/fat ratio 3:1 in accordance with the NEO index which takes temperature, function, animal size and age into account.
- With salmon, shrimp, octopus, spirulina and gammarus for a natural diet for sterlets (at 10-25 °C water temperature).
- Food size S (3 mm) for fish from 10-30 cm.
- Sinking pearls with 40 % protein, 12 % fat, 2 % crude fibre and 8 % crude ash.
- Small food pearls in resealable bag (air, water and lightproof) for the preservation of quality.
- Sturgeons are very special fish.
- Their body shape indicates their way of life: They swim near the ground and use their barbels (chemosensor organ) to feel for small invertebrates, which they would eat in the wild.
- JBL ProPond Sterlet has been adapted to suit these eating habits, both in its composition (increased share of invertebrates) and in its sinking behaviour.
- Even if sturgeons can learn to feed at the water surface, this feeding behaviour doesn’t represent their natural behaviour and harbours the risk of excessive air swallowing.
- Sturgeons should always be fed with their own food because it has a dedicated composition and the sturgeons could hurt the koi’s mucous membrane with their bone plates when fighting for their food.
- In practice you can feed your goldfish and koi on the surface at a corner of the pond and your sturgeons with sinking sturgeon food at the other corner.
- Crude protein (40.0%)
- Crude fat (12.0%)
- Crude fibre (2.0%)
- Crude ash (8.0%)
How long does the food keep after opening?
> Please ensure you buy a packaging size suitable for your aquarium/terrarium/pond so that the quantity contained is used up within 4 months. Compare it with a tin of biscuits lying around for several months. When properly stored they are not necessarily soggy, but they are not quite as tasty as when the packet was opened. Therefore it is not advisable to use the food after this time.
The repeated opening and closing of the packaging brings the food into contact with bacteria and humidity over a longer storage period. Thus the quality of the premium food reduces continuously and this influences the vitamin content and the freshness of the food. For the benefit of your animals you always should feed them fresh food.