CONTINUUM Bacter Clean M (Marine Bacteria For Waste Breakdown)
- Designed to target and clean surfaces of live rocks, tank walls etc.
- Removes stains, loosening and softening debris for easier cleaning
- Outcompetes unwanted substances and loosen the grip of ugly accumulations and coatings
- Exclusive bacterial formula included to help reduce your work load
- Rapidly breaks down organic waste, leftover food, debris and detritus in marine aquariums.
BacterClean M is a unique marine microbial culture and enzyme product specifically designed to target and clean surfaces of live rock, coral decorations and tank walls, removing stains, loosening and softening debris for easy vacuuming and providing a cleaner, more pristine environment.
It outcompetes unwanted substances and loosens the grip of ugly accumulations and coatings making their removal by scraping or vacuuming easy. Its exclusive bacterial formula does much of the work for you, to help provide the beautiful reef or marine aquarium you have always wanted.
It will also rapidly breakdown organic waste, leftover food, debris and detritus in marine aquariums, providing essential water quality improvement.
Use in aquarium keeping.
Continuum recommends that you filter tap makeup water by reverse osmosis, distillation or deionization along with carbon pre-filtration to prevent adding phosphates and silicates to your aquarium. Continuum recommends a phosphate level of less than .02 mg/l (ppm). If you have high phosphate or silicate levels, you can lower them rapidly by using Continuum CaptivPhos W or Captiv Phos Fe or liquid Phos Correx prior to or while using this product. The use of nerite snails, turbo snails, emerald crabs and other grazers is also recommended. Although not required, it would be advantageous to first use Continuum Redox Plus to lower the organic load of the aquarium and to raise the ORP (Oxidation Reduction Potential) and then wait 2 hours before using this product for the first time. Continuum also recommends that you consider using Reef Micro Fuel, along with the Bacter Clean M, as an organic carbon source to accelerate the growth and increase the effectiveness of the bacteria in this product. Bacter CleanM can be used simultaneously with BacterGenM and BacterGen MD. If using simultaneously, cut the dosage of each of the other bacterial products in half, and use on different days.
Directions and protocol.
- Place 1 cup (250 ml) of marine aquarium water into a container.
- Shake product well.
- Add the recommended amount (see below) of capfuls or ml of Bacter Clean M to the container of aquarium water.
- Stir and allow to stand for a few minutes.
- Add to aquarium in desired location. If also using with BacterGen M and/or Bacter Gen MD, stop their use during the initial two weeks, then cut the addition of those products in half, and use them on different days.
To rapidly clean aquariums: 6 capfuls (30 ml or one ounce) initially on the first day, then add 1 capful (5 ml) of Bacter Clean M for every 25 US gallons (100 L) of aquarium volume, daily for 2 weeks or longer, as necessary to achieve your goals.
It is important to do a 10-20% water change, using a quality salt mix, after each 2 weeks of high dosage use, vacuuming all debris and undesirable materials from the live rocks and decorations. At this time, unwanted substances should begin to loosen and come off the rocks easily. Daily use may be continued as long as needed, if desired.
4 capfuls (20 ml) of BacterClean M for every 25 US gallons (100 L) of aquarium volume once a week or 3 ml per day.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption. Contains non-pathogenic microbes and enzymes. If in eyes flush with water, if irritation continues, seek medical attention.