CONTINUUM Coraline Purple CX (improve coraline algae growth)
- Designed to encourage and accelerate growth of purple and pink coralline algae
- Does not encourage green algae growth
- Made from expensive marine aragonite, with added supporting minerals
- Does not pollute your aquarium
- Phosphate and nitrate free.
Coralline Purple CX is specifically designed to encourage and accelerate growth of purple and pink coralline algae without fertilizing green algae.
Because it is made from expensive marine aragonite, with added supporting minerals, it will not pollute your system like inexpensive aquatic muds of terrestrial origin may.
It is phosphate and nitrate free.
Use in aquarium keeping.
Coralline Algae is not only beautiful in the marine aquarium, it takes up the space where unwanted organisms might normally grow.
Because coralline algae is alive, it must be introduced into the aquarium by the addition of small pieces of live rock upon which it is already growing. This doesn't take much. You may be able to get many different types growing on small chunks at your local aquarium store.
Some coralline algae will grow with little or no lighting, while others seem to enjoy strong reef lighting. It is evident that lighting does play some role, so you should experiment with it.
It is important to measure phosphates and keep the level as low as possible to encourage coralline algae growth.
Continuum also recommends that you maintain a calcium level of between 410 and 450 mg/L (ppm), an alkalinity level of 7 to 11 dKH (2.5 to 4 meq/L), and a magnesium level of 1250 to 1350 mg/L (ppm). Note: Aquarists keeping SPS corals should consider keeping alkalinity at 7 to no more than 9 dKH (2.5 to 3.21 meq/L).
Addition of Coralline PurpleCX at night will help balance pH and prevent night time pH decline. It will also allow time for the water to clear from the cloudiness that is inherent in dissolving the aragonite particles in the product.
Directions and protocol.
- Coralline PurpleCX will cloud the aquarium upon addition, it is therefore recommended that it be added a night in an area of strong flow.
- Coralline PurpleCX will raise the calcium level in your aquarium.
- For best results, measure the calcium concentration and add as required to maintain the concentration between 410 and 450 mg/L (ppm).
- This product is not suitable for use in most dosing systems because of the need for agitation, and should be added manually. Daily addition is preferable, though.
- Do not mix with any other supplements prior to addition.
- Shake vigorously immediately prior to use
- Add 1 capful (5 ml) per 25 US-gallons (100 L) of marine aquarium water 3 to 4 times per week.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children.
Not for human consumption.
Contains powdered aragonite and mineral salts, if ingested drink water.
If in eyes flush with water for 15 minutes. If redness persists consult your healthcare practitioner.