CONTINUUM EXXODUS-BAC CUBES
- Extremely porous filtration medium
- Highest surface area of any filtration medium in the world
- Suitable for marine aquariums and hard freshwater aquariums
- Provides for nitrification and vast amounts of anaerobic or anoxic surface area to foster denitrification
- Reduce the levels of toxic ammonia, nitrites and nitrates, as well as phosphates and organic pollutants
Exxodus BAC is an extremely porous filtration medium designed to be used in all marine aquariums and hard freshwater aquariums and aquatic systems with a pH of 7.5 or greater, for bio-filtration. It literally has the highest surface area of any filtration medium in the world, by far, yet it provides excellent flow characteristics! Each liter of ExxodusBAC provides over 40,000 square feet of surface area internally for bacterial colonization, providing for nitrification and vast amounts of anaerobic or anoxic surface area to foster denitrification, as well.
ExxodusBAC will reduce the levels of toxic ammonia, nitrites and nitrates, as well as phosphates and organic pollutants in all aquaria. It may be used as your primary or only bacterial filtration medium. It works extremely well in nano aquariums, as well as systems of all sizes. It is particularly well suited to reef systems with live rock including FOWLR systems and will not foster problems that bio balls may. Use in a canister filter, reactor, or other type of aquarium filter with good water flow. Works well submerged or in a drip system.
Use in aquarium keeping.
For maximum results, should be used simultaneously with Reef BioPelletFuel, Reef MicroFuel, or Flora Viv Prolifera carbon sources as a growth accelerator and/or with BacterCleanM or F, BacterGenM or F, or BacterGenMD microbial cultures, as appropriate, to jump start and maintain the colonization process at elevated levels.
Directions and protocol.
- Utilize a minimum of 160 ml (about 26 cubes) of ExxodusBAC for every 100 U.S. gallons, ( 400 L ) of aquarium volume, more if bioload dictates.
- Rinse ExxodusBAC gently in purified tap water or aquarium water.
- Pre-seed the product by placing it in a plastic bucket, submerged in aquarium water, and adding the recommended dose for your aquarium size of the aforementioned bacterial products (BacterClean or BacterGen).
- Allow the product to remain in this soak for 24 hours, stirring gently occasionally or agitating the liquid by pouring out and back into the container, gently.
- Place the seeded ExxodusBAC into your filter.
- The use of a pre-filtration filter floss, sponge or other mechanical pre-filtration is recommended to prevent fouling.
Caution: Do not fluidize or allow to abrade against moving parts.
Material can wear down due to mechanical action, and produce dust and fines. Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption.
If ingested drink water, consult with a physician.