CONTINUUM Exxodus Phosphyx Cubes
- Highest surface area of any filtration medium in the world
- Extremely porous filtration medium designed to be used in all aquariums and aquatic systems with a pH of 7.5 or higher
- ExxodusPhosphyx is unique in that it is doped with GFO (ferric oxyhydroxide)
- Particularly well suited to reef systems with live rock including FOWLR systems
Exxodus Phosphyx is an extremely porous filtration medium designed to be used in all aquariums and aquatic systems with a pH of 7.5 or higher, for chemical filtration (phosphate & silicate removal).
It literally has the highest surface area of any filtration medium in the world, by far, yet it provides excellent flow characteristics! Each liter of ExxodusPhosphyx provides over 320,000 square feet of surface area internally for bacterial colonization and even more vast surface area due to GFO spicule and “fur” formation during the ceramic formation.
ExxodusPhosphyx is unique in that it is doped with GFO (ferric oxyhydroxide) which is bound in the material as well as coated onto all the vast surface area and acts to remove unwanted phosphate and silicate from aquarium water more efficiently than any other known material. It works extremely well in nano aquariums, as well as systems of all sizes.
It is particularly well suited to reef systems with live rock including FOWLR systems. Use in a canister filter, reactor, or other type of aquarium filter with slow to moderate water flow. Do not fluidize because the product may grind down or release particles into the aquarium due to mechanical action. It should be subjected to a low and non-turbulent flow rate, if possible.
Use in aquarium keeping.
If corals react negatively to the material, it may be a sign that phosphate is being removed too aggressively. If this happens, remove the material for a couple of days and then replace only half as much as you were previously using.
Directions and protocol.
- Utilize a minimum of 160 ml (about 26 cubes) of ExxodusPhosphyx for every 100 U.S. gallons, (400 L) of aquarium volume, more if phosphate levels or bioload dictates.
- Rinse ExxodusPhosphyx gently in deionized or reverse osmosis water. If using for biological filtration, Pre-seed the product by placing it in a plastic bucket, submerged in aquarium water, and adding the recommended dose for your aquarium size of BacterClean or BacterGen.
- Allow the product to remain in this soak for 24 hours, stirring gently occasionally or agitating the liquid by pouring out and back into the container, gently.
- Place the seeded ExxodusPhosphyx into your filter.
- The use of a pre-filtration filter floss, sponge or other mechanical pre-filtration is recommended to prevent fouling.
Caution: Do not fluidize or allow to abrade against moving parts. Material can wear down due to mechanical action, and produce dust and fines.
Keep out of reach of children (contains iron). Not for human consumption.
If ingested drink water, consult with a physician.