CONTINUUM FloraViv Reconstitute RO Liquid
- Reconstituting reverse osmosis, deionized or distilled water ensures complete user control over aquarium water parameters
- High quality, multi-component, broad spectrum mixture of all mineral ions
- Converts filtered waters into a natural environment in which all aquarium inhabitants will thrive
- Used to raise discus and other freshwater fish, as well as keep whole systems in breeder, public and home aquariums
Reconstitute RO is a high quality, multi-component, broad spectrum mixture of all mineral ions including General Hardness (GH), alkalinity (KH) and all major, minor and trace minerals required for optimum health and longevity of freshwater fish, invertebrates and plants.
When mixed with filtered water prepared by reverse osmosis, distillation, or deionization, it will convert those filtered waters into a natural environment in which all aquarium inhabitants will thrive.
It has been used to raise discus and other freshwater fish, as well as keep whole systems in breeder, public and home aquariums.
Use in aquarium keeping.
Reconstituting reverse osmosis, deionized or distilled water ensures complete user control over aquarium water parameters. Treating purified water with Reconstitute RO allows the user to customize hardness and alkalinity for the type of fish you’re keeping.
This is especially important when keeping and breeding sensitive or expensive species such as discus or wild caught fish. Using reconstituted purified water will also help solve many aquarium keeping water quality issues and prevent the entry of unwanted nutrients such as phosphates that are prevalent in public water supplies.
Directions and protocol.
- Shake well prior to use: Add 1 capful, about 1 teaspoon of product for each 5 gallons ( 19 L ) of aquarium capacity for initial tank set up or for water used for water changes for Discus and other soft water fish.
- Use 2 capfuls for angelfish, bettas, barbs and general freshwater fish and 4 teaspoons for goldfish and koi, Central American cichlids, and live bearers such as swordtails, platies and mollies.
Discus and other softwater fish normally require 80 to 130 ppm total dissolved solids (TDS) or 1 to 3 degrees GH and mixed freshwater fish normally require 160 to 230 ppm TDS or 3 to 6 degrees GH. Consult a book for the correct TDS (total dissolved solids) and GH for the type of fish you are keeping.
This product alone is sufficient for soft water aquariums. If your fish require harder water, you should measure both TDS & GH, because GH only measures hardness ions such as calcium and magnesium and doesn’t measure monovalent ions; while TDS measure all ions in solution.
This product will raise TDS more than it will raise GH and Flora Viv GH+ will raise GH more than it will raise TDS. When used together in desired proportions, both products allow for a wide range of parameters suitable for any freshwater or brackish aquarium. Do not greatly exceed the dosage recommended for the type of fish you are keeping.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption. If ingested drink water, contact a poison control center. If in eyes flush with water.