CONTINUUM Reef Basis Lugol's EX
- Reef Basis Lugol's EX is a very powerful supplement
- Nourishes organisms that require iodine
- Particularly useful for soft corals of all kinds
- Especially for xenia, as well as gorgonians, hard corals, tunicates, marine worms such as feather dusters, sponges, macroalgae, and crustaceans, and shrimp
- Growth rates in xenia and gorgonians will likely improve with it's use
- Helps all corals and clams retain their coloration and shield against strong lighting
- Allows them to open more fully and be more beautiful
- ReefBasis Iodide contains no gluconate or polygluconate.
Reef Basis Lugol's EX is a very powerful supplement, designed to nourish organisms that require iodine. It is particularly useful for soft corals of all kinds, particularly xenia, as well as gorgonians, hard corals, tunicates, marine worms such as feather dusters, sponges, macroalgae, and crustaceans, particularly shrimp. Growth rates in xenia and gorgonians will likely improve with it's use. It helps all corals and clams retain their coloration and shield against strong lighting. This will allow them to open more fully and be more beautiful. ReefBasis Iodide contains no gluconate or polygluconate.
Use in aquarium keeping.
Iodine, while present in better salt mixes, is rapidly removed through ozone, skimming, carbon and other filtration and used up by inhabitants. It is necessary, therefore, to supplement it for maximum invertebrate and algae health.
You can use ReefBasis Iodide or ReefBasis Sustain Iodine as a basis for your iodine for your reef and then add the Lugol's as a booster, but be careful not to overdose. If you are propagating corals, be sure to use Coral Exponential to provide naturally ratioed amino acids for accelerated tissue growth along with ReefBasis Calcium, Magnesium, and Strontium to provide proper minerals for aragonite growth.
Also, use Coral MicroN to add vitamins and trace minerals specifically designed for corals. Continuum recommends that you maintain about .04 to .06 mg/l (ppm) iodide level in your aquarium, if measuring.
Directions and protocol.
***This product is for expert use only!
***It is very strong and must not be overdosed!
- Add only 1 drop (.05 ml) per 40 US-gallons (150 L) of marine aquarium water 1 to 2 times per week.
Do not overdose!
Continuum recommends that you measure the iodine level with a quality test kit and maintain about .04 to .06 mg/l (ppm) iodide level in your aquarium. Some corals, particularly large stonies, may not respond positively if you even slightly overdose this product.
Observe inhabitants closely and if they close, and refuse to re-open, they are usually telling you that they are not happy. In that case, this product may be completely removed by a dose of Continuum Fraction (Chlorine, Chloramine and Ammonia remover) added directly into the aquarium.
Warning: Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption.
Contains potassium iodide and free iodine, if ingested, contact a poison control center immediately!
If in eyes flush with water for 15 minutes, contact a poison control center.