CONTINUUM Reef Basis Magnesium Dry
- High purity magnesium in dry form
- Safely raise the magnesium level in marine aquariums
- Provides essential magnesium for invertebrate growth and to regulate the balance between calcium and carbonates
- Contains no acetate, EDTA, polygluconates
- Over 4 times as strong as many competitor's products
- Made from anhydrous salts, not hydrated salts
Reef Basis Magnesium is a high purity magnesium in dry form, designed to safely raise the magnesium level in marine aquariums, providing essential magnesium for invertebrate growth and to regulate the balance between calcium and carbonates.
It contains no acetate, EDTA, polygluconates and is over 4 times as strong as many competitor's products because it is made from anhydrous salts, not hydrated salts.
Use in aquarium keeping.
Proper control of magnesium level is imperative for the health and growth of corals and many other invertebrates.
Continuum recommends that you maintain a calcium level of between 410 and 450 mg/L (ppm), an alkalinity level of 7 to 11 dKH (2.5 to 4 meq/L), and a magnesium level of 1250 to 1350 mg/L (ppm). Note: Aquarists keeping SPS corals should consider keeping alkalinity at 7 to no more than 9 dKH (2.5 to 3.21 meq/L).
Directions and protocol.
- Dissolve 2-1/2 grams, about 1/2 teaspoon of product in 8 oz. ( 236 ml ) purified water
(Caution: may generate significant heat upon mixing, wear rubber gloves and allow to cool if necessary).
- Add in an area of high flow directly to tank for each 20 gallons ( 76 L ) capacity, every other day until the desired magnesium level is reached.
- For best results, measure the magnesium concentration and add as necessary to maintain between 1250 and 1350 mg/L (ppm).
To dose, determine the amount of magnesium consumption during the time it takes add the entire volume of your drip system. Determine the amount of ReefBasis Magnesium to add to your drip system in grams by multiplying your tank capacity in gallons by the amount you want to raise it in mg/l (ppm) and by 0.009. ( Example: if you have a 20 gallon tank and you want to raise the level by 25 mg/l (ppm) with the entire dose, you would multiply 20 x .009 x 25 which equals 4.5 grams or about 2 teaspoons of ReefBasis Magnesium.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. Product gets hot when mixed with water. Not for human consumption. Contains magnesium salts, if ingested drink water, contact a poison control center immediately! If in eyes flush with water.