CONTINUUM Reef Basis Reactor (increase calcium and carbonate)
- A one step calcium buffer system that will provide calcium as well as carbonates and other minerals
- Encourages rapid growth of coralline algae, corals, clams and other marine invertebrates
- Being made from expensive marine aragonite, it will not pollute your system
- Contains no terrestrial mud nor acetate, gluconates, polygluconates or other unnecessary organics
- Phosphate and nitrate free
Reef Basis Reactor is a one step calcium buffer system that will provide calcium as well as carbonates and other minerals for rapid growth of coralline algae, corals, clams and other marine invertebrates. Because it is made from expensive marine aragonite, it will not pollute your system like inexpensive aquatic muds of terrestrial origin may. It also contains no terrestrial mud which could contain no telling what nor acetate, gluconates, polygluconates or other unnecessary organics to pollute your aquarium. It is phosphate and nitrate free.
Use in aquarium keeping.
Proper control of calcium level is imperative for the health and growth of corals and many other invertebrates. If the calcium concentration is too low, growth rates will suffer. If it is too high, alkalinity or buffering capacity will be diminished, leading to possible instability of pH.
Sufficient magnesium levels are also necessary to maintain the proper balance. It is therefore recommended that the hobbyist measure and control the levels of calcium, magnesium and alkalinity on a regular basis. Strontium is also required for formation of aragonite.
Continuum recommends that you maintain a calcium level of between 410 and 450 mg/L (ppm), an alkalinity level of 7 to 11 dKH (2.5 to 4 meq/L), and a magnesium level of 1250 to 1350 mg/L (ppm).
Note: Aquarists keeping SPS corals should consider keeping alkalinity at 7 to no more than 9 dKH (2.5 to 3.21 meq/L). Addition at night will help balance pH and prevent night time pH decline. It will also allow time for the water to clear from the cloudiness that is inherent in dissolving the aragonite particles in the product.
May be used simultaneously with other Continuum products such as ReefBasis Calcium, Magnesium, Strontium and Basis KH to individually adjust levels to proper values, or simultaneously with ReefSculpture part A and B.
Directions and protocol.
- Reef Basis Reactor will cloud the aquarium upon addition, it is therefore recommended that it be added a night in an area of strong flow.
- Shake vigorously immediately prior to use! Add 1 capful (5 ml) per 50 US-gallons (100 L) of marine aquarium water 3 to 4 times per week.
- For best results, measure the calcium concentration and add as required to maintain the concentration between 410 and 450 mg/L (ppm).
This product is not suitable for use in most dosing systems because of the need for agitation, and should be added manually. Daily addition is preferable, though. Do not mix with any other supplements prior to addition. Determine the amount of calcium consumption between addition periods (per day or per every other day). Determine the amount of ReefBasis Reactor to add in milliliters by multiplying your tank capacity in gallons by the amount you want to raise it in mg/l (ppm) and by 0.0286. (Example: if you have a 100 gallon tank and you want to raise the level by 10 ppm with the entire dose, you would multiply 100 x 10 x 0.0286 which equals 28.6 ml of ReefBasis Reactor or 5 -3/4 capfuls).
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption.
Contains powdered aragonite and mineral salts, if ingested drink water.
If in eyes flush with water for 15 minutes. If redness persists consult your healthcare practitioner.