CONTINUUM Reef Sculpture Part B Liquid (Liquid dosing)
- Reef Sculpture parts A & B, when used together and as directed are an ionically balanced calcium and alkalinity control system
- Does not cause a buildup of chlorides or other ions
- Maintain seawater ratios
- Maintain calcium and buffering capacity in the same ratio found in natural seawater
- Contains no acetate, gluconates, polygluconates or other unnecessary organics to pollute your aquarium.
- Phosphate and nitrate free.
Reef Sculpture parts A & B, when used together and as directed are an ionically balanced calcium and alkalinity control system. Unlike many other products which will cause a buildup of chlorides or other ions, ReefSculpture will maintain seawater ratios of important ions. When used as directed it will maintain calcium and buffering capacity in the same ratio found in natural seawater.
It contains no acetate, gluconates, polygluconates or other unnecessary organics to pollute your aquarium. It is phosphate and nitrate free.
Use in aquarium keeping.
Proper control of calcium level is imperative for the health and growth of corals and many other invertebrates. If the calcium concentration is too low, growth rates will suffer. If it is too high, alkalinity or buffering capacity will be diminished, leading to possible instability of pH.
Sufficient magnesium levels are also necessary to maintain the proper balance. It is therefore recommended that the hobbyist measure and control the levels of calcium, magnesium and alkalinity on a regular basis. Strontium is also required for formation of aragonite.
Continuum recommends that you maintain a calcium level of between 410 and 450 mg/L (ppm), an alkalinity level of 7 to 11 dKH (2.5 to 4 meq/L), and a magnesium level of 1250 to 1350 mg/L (ppm).
Note: Aquarists keeping SPS corals should consider keeping alkalinity at 7 to no more than 9 dKH (2.5 to 3.21 meq/L).
Do not add part A (or other calcium products) and part B or other buffering (alkalinity products) simultaneously, wait a few minutes and allow for plenty of circulation prior. This way you will avoid unnecessary precipitation and possible cloudiness.
Directions and protocol.
- Shake well prior to use.
- Add 1 capful (5 ml) per 25 US-gallons (100 L) of marine aquarium water 3 to 4 times per week.
- For best results, measure the calcium concentration and add as required to maintain the concentration between 410 and 450 mg/L (ppm).
- Dosing through use of a drip system is a superior method of addition.
- Two dosing systems are required to dose part A and part B.
- Do not mix part A with part B or buffers or alkalinity supplements prior to addition.
- You may mix it with strontium, calcium, and many other supplements.
See our website for compatibility of supplements. Determine the amount of calcium consumption during the time it takes add the entire volume of your drip system.
Determine the amount of Reef Sculpture part A to add in milliliters by multiplying your tank capacity in gallons by the amount you want to raise it in mg/l (ppm) and by 0.0667.
(Example: if you have a 100 gallon tank and you want to raise the level by 10 ppm with the entire dose, you would multiply 100 x 10 x 0.0667 which equals 66.7 ml of ReefSculpture part A or 13-1/3 capfuls).
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption.
Contains mineral salts, if ingested drink water.
If in eyes flush with water for 15 minutes.
If redness persists consult your healthcare practitioner.