CONTINUUM Sustain Iodine (Triple Timed Release Iodine)
- Unique, multicomponent iodine release system, designed to nourish organisms that require iodine
- Particularly useful for soft corals of all kinds, xenia and shrimp
- Growth rates in xenia and gorgonians will likely improve with it's use
- Helps all corals and clams retain their coloration and shield against strong lighting
- Contains no gluconate or polygluconate.
Reef Basis Sustain Iodine is a unique, multicomponent iodine release system, designed to nourish organisms that require iodine. It is particularly useful for soft corals of all kinds, particularly xenia, as well as gorgonians, hard corals, tunicates, marine worms such as feather dusters, sponges, macroalgae, and crustaceans, particularly shrimp. Growth rates in xenia and gorgonians will likely improve with it's use. It helps all corals and clams retain their coloration and shield against strong lighting.
ReefBasis Sustain contains no gluconate or polygluconate.
Use in aquarium keeping.
Iodine, awhile present in better salt mixes, is rapidly removed through ozone, skimming, carbon and other filtration and used up by inhabitants. It is necessary, therefore, to supplement it for maximum invertebrate and algae health, particularly if you have strong lighting.
If you are propagating corals, be sure to use Coral Exponential TM to provide naturally ratioed amino acids for accelerated tissue growth along with ReefBasis Calcium, Magnesium, and Strontium to provide proper minerals for aragonite growth.
Also, use Coral ElementsN to add vitamins and trace minerals specifically designed for corals. Continuum recommends that you maintain about .04 to .06 mg/l (ppm) iodide level in your aquarium, if measuring.
Directions and protocol.
- Shake well prior to use.
- Add 1 capful (5 ml) per 50 US-gallons (200 L) of marine aquarium water 2 to 3 times per week for the first three weeks, then reduce the dosage to 1 capful per 100 gallons (half dosage) subsequently.
- Do not overdose!
Dosing through use of a totally separate drip system is a superior method of addition. Do not mix with any other products prior to addition. Since test kits will likely not read the organic iodine in Sustain Iodine, it is recommended that you simply add the above amount to the doser. In other words, add 1 capful to the amount of solution that the doser will add in 2 to 4 days per 50 US-gallons (200 L) of marine aquarium water. If you decide to test the iodine levels, it is recommended that you maintain from .04 to .06 ppm.
Warning: Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption.
Contains potassium iodide, free iodine, and proprietary timed release iodine, if ingested, contact a poison control center immediately!
If in eyes flush with water for 15 minutes, contact a poison control center.