JBL AlgoPond Sorb - Biological Algae Blocker (500ml)
Biological algae blocker for the pond
- Crystal-clear water by reducing the algae growth – biological algae blocker for the pond.
- Easy to use: determine the required quantity, mix it with pond water in a watering can, pour it evenly over the pond.
- Sunglasses effect: the reduction of light irradiation has a preventive effect against algae.
- Active iodine and vital substances to promote the health of the fish, no decrease of the pH level or the hardness in the pond.
- Contents: biological algae blocker, AlgoPond Sorb. Dosage: 40 ml per about 700 - 800 l pond water.
- Thanks to biological algae blocker
- The natural colour extracts of the peat in AlgoPond Sorb lead to a slight amber tinge in the pond water.
- This, similar to sunglasses, absorbs certain spectral components from the light.
- For the algae an essential part of radiation is missing and their growth is limited.
- Hardness and pH are not affected.
- Active iodine and vital substances promote the health of the fish.
Easy use of AlgoPond Sorb:
- Determine the required quantity.
- Mix with pond water in a watering can and spread it evenly over the pond.
- Don’t filter with activated carbon.
- Also recommended for swimming ponds.
- 40 ml per about 700 -800 l pond water.
Can I use several anti-algae agents together in the pond?
>Each JBL anti-algae agent has a special purpose. It is therefore not necessary to use several AlgoPond products at the same time. Use AlgoPond Green to combat green water. Use AlgoPond forte for thread algae and all other types of algae. If you want to change the product, allow a time interval of 14 days, a water change of at least 50 % and filtering via activated carbon. The products StabiloPond and PhosEx may, of course, be used together with an AlgoPond algae agent according to the 1-2-3 algae-free principle.
What is JBL AlgoPond Sorb for? When should I use it?
> JBL AlgoPond Sorb is like a pair of sunglasses for the garden pond. The humic substances contained there turn the water slightly amber and thus reduce the amount of light entering the pond. Caring substances like Aloe Vera promote the well-being of the fish. One dosage starting in early spring (from the end of February, depending on weather conditions) and repeated every 4 weeks largely prevents the growth of algae.
I have successfully combatted the algae, but they have come back. Why have they returned and how can I prevent it?
> The main cause of algae in garden ponds is too much light and too many nutrients. When combatting the algae, the nutrients bound in them are released, but then during the next spell of fine weather with sufficient light these nutrients are in the pond again ready to feed the next algae attack.
Preventive measure: JBL PhosExPond direct precipitates phosphates, they are removed from the water and from the algae. JBL PhosExPond filter permanently binds phosphates and limits their value. Having dealt with the algae JBL BactoPond can then be applied to minimize the nitrigen compounds. JBL SediExPond helps reduce the sludge at the bottom of the pond with its heterotrophic (all eating) strains of bacteria.
JBL AlgoPond Sorb adds natural humic substances to the water and through its slight amber colouring reduces the excessive amount of light entering the garden pond. This in turn results in a significant reduction of algae growth.
Can the pond care products JBL StabiloPond Basis, JBL StabiloPond KH, JBL OxyPond, JBL FilterStart Pond, JBL AlgoPond Direct*, JBL PhosEx Pond Filter, JBL SediEx Pond, JBL AlgoPond Sorb, JBL AgoPond Forte*, JBL AlgoPond Green*, JBL PhosEx Pond Direct and JBL BactoPond be used with an operating UV-C water clarifier without any problems or should the UV-C unit be switched off?
> In simple terms we can say that with the application of the liquid products JBL AlgoPond Sorb, JBL AgoPond Forte*, JBL, AlgoPond Green*, JBL PhosEx Pond Direct, JBL BactoPond the UV-C water clarifier should be temporarily switched off so that the active substances will not be destroyed. Please look up the time periods in the respective operation instructions.
With JBL StabiloPond basis, JBL StabiloPond KH, JBL OxyPond, JBL FilterStart Pond, JBL AlgoPond Direct*, JBL PhosEx Pond filter, JBL SediEx Pond the UV-C water clarifier may remain in operation.
* Labelling according to EU Directive 98/8/EC: Use biocides safely. Always read the label and product information before use!