JBL AquaBasis plus 5L
- Nutrient substrate for beautiful and permanent plant growth in all freshwater aquariums. Works for 5 years guaranteed
- Nutrient store: contains important plant nutrients, such as iron.
- Clay components store nutrients and release them again, as required.
- Efficiently prevents unwanted algae growth by promoting plant growth.
- How to use for the initial setup: add the nutrient substrate and cover with a layer of rinsed substrate.
- Package contents: 1 pack of ready to use, long-lasting nutrient substrate.
Nutrition for aquarium plants
- Healthy plants are important in every aquarium. Plants provide the aquarium with vital oxygen for the aquarium inhabitants, prevent algae growth and remove problem-causing substances.
Healthy plants = healthy fish
- A lot of aquarium plants absorb their nutrients additionally or even mainly through their roots. It is therefore important to provide the plant roots with nutrients.
- JBL AquaBasis Plus contains all the essential nutrients for healthy and vigorous aquarium plant growth.
- The function can easily be compared to a charged battery: JBL AquaBasis Plus supplies the energy (nutrients) for the plants and, when the supply runs low it can be recharged with the help of liquid fertilisers (JBL Ferropol und JBL FerropolRoot).
Is it necessary to add an additional nutrient substrate such as JBL AquaBasis under JBL Manado, or do JBL Manado’s properties enable it to do without?
> JBL Manado itself doesn’t contain any fertilizer. JBL Manado is, however, able to absorb nutrients (especially trace elements) to supply to the plant roots.
For a good plant growth it is advisable to use JBL AquaBasis plus underneath JBL Manado.