JBL ProNovo Bel Weekend (Holiday Food Block)
Weekend food for all freshwater aquarium fish
Slow dissolving, Ensure your fishes are fed, Adds some gH to aquarium while dissolving.
- Supply your aquarium fish with stored food for 3 days
- Use: place food block in the aquarium. It sinks to the bottom. 1 block provides about 15 ornamental fish up to 20 cm in size with food for 3 days
- The block consists of a calcium compound that adds some general hardness to the water when dissolved. It dissolves slowly as the fish intake the food
- Natural raw ingredients without artificial additives for a natural diet and healthy aquarium fish. Tested on JBL research expeditions in the tropics
- Package contents: 4 feeding blocks. 1 block for feeding 15 fish over 3 days
Why is it important to feed the fish species-appropriate?
Like humans, animals can survive on little food. Both humans and fish are very capable of suffering (unfortunate certainty).
But we aquarium friends have the well-being of our animals as our goal and not only want perfectly formed colors and healthy fish, but also offspring, so that fewer animals are taken from nature. The wild taking does not (proven) pose a threat to the fish species, but of course it is nicer when the number of species caught increases.
Probiotic or prebiotic - which is better?
Probiotic foods such as Some yoghurts, for example, contain live bacterial cultures that are said to promote health, but only when consumed in large quantities. Such foods, including probiotic fish food, can easily spoil and then do the opposite. Incidentally, the positive effect on health is quite controversial.
Pre- or prebiotics are "substrates that are used selectively by host microorganisms and provide a health benefit." Scientists agree that they promote digestion and thus health. With our fish, there is another important aspect: Better digestion means that less is excreted and the water is less polluted, which means that the water stays cleaner and fewer algae problems arise. JBL adds selected yeasts to the PRONOVO feed types, which have been proven to stimulate the intestinal flora and thus have a prebiotic effect. It couldn't be healthier!
- Crude protein (38.0%)
- Fat content (6.0%)
- Crude fibre (4.0%)
- Crude ash (7.0%)