JBL ProScape PlantStart
- For vigorous plant growth: live bacterial cultures make the nutrients available to the plants and promote the aquarium plants’ root development.
- For an initial setup: spread it over the nutrient substrate or first soil layer and cover with substrate.
- Reduces external germs and blue-green algae (cyanobacteria) colonisation. Optimises nutrient uptake of the plant roots by a bacterial breakdown of the minerals in the soil. Plants grow quicker.
- Further benefit: mixed bacterial culture for the breakdown of organic waste at the bottom. Transforms the substrate into an additional filter.
- Contents: 2 individually sealed metallized bags, each with 8 g mineral granulate with live bacteria cultures for soil activation in aquariums from 20-100l.
- Aquatic plants are useful for each aquarium since they withdraw nutrients from the water and are thus effective against algae.
- When plants are initially inserted it takes quite a while until they have formed roots strong enough to anchor them well at the bottom.
- With JBL PlantStart you reduce this firm rooting time and the plant growth starts almost immediately.
- The special bacterial mixture (mixed culture) makes the intake of nutrients and trace elements easier for the plants.
- The precipitated iron III is transformed into iron II which is accessible to the plants.
- Another benefit of JBL PlantStart emerged in tests: the bacteria form an initial colonisation on the substrate fairly quickly and break down organic material.
- This way even a newly added substrate becomes a functioning additional filter in an extremely short time.
- Using the biofilm formed JBL ProScape PlantStart reduces the colonisation of blue-green algae (cyanobacteria).