JBL SANSIBAR WHITE 5KG
- Perfect hold for plant roots: substrate with 0.2 - 0.6 mm grain size for freshwater and marine aquariums and terrariums.
- Vigorous plant growth: prevents the seeping in of sludge and other waste material with its fine granulation and density.
- Ideal for fish, invertebrates and plants: no unwanted pollutants released into the water. Fine, round-shaped granite sand is gentle on sensitive barbels of bottom-dwellers.
- Use: spread substrate on top of the nutrient substrate (approx. 6-8 cm for vigorous p.lant growth).
- Contents: 1 bag Sansibar White. Not really suitable for undergravel heating cables
- The substrate is an important part of the aquarium components because a lot of animals dig in the ground to search for food.
- The plants also need a safe hold and have to absorb the food in the ground through their roots.
- Digging fish absolutely need a substrate which is not sharp-edged.
- Undergravel heating can only be recommended for medium-fine to coarse substrates because water circulation cannot really build up in very fine substrates.
- Rinse the substrate with tap water to remove any abrasion caused in transit. Put substrate on the nutrient substrate (JBL AquaBasis) to promote the plant growth (for vigorous growth about 6-8 cm).
- Calculation formula
- The right amount of substrate: length (cm) x width (cm) : 140 = kg substrate with 5 cm thickness.
Are the substrates of the Sansibar range plastic-coated soils ?
> No, the substrates of the Sansibar range are not plastic-coated but pure natural products.
Should JBL Sansibar be washed before use inside the aquarium ?
> JBL Sansibar comes pre-cleaned. To wash out any abrasion caused in transit, we recommend rinsing JBL Sansibar before use in the aquarium. Please avoid unsettling the soil when filling in the water.