JBL Tormec activ 1000ml
- Reduces carbonate hardness and pH value, prevents growth of algae, adds natural humic substances: active peat pellets for the use in aquarium filters.
- Use: wet 24 hours before use, decant carbon into net bag, embed into the filter.
- Two peat components with different humic substance content: fast initial effect, well dosed long-term effect. Prevents algae growth: very light amber water colouring.
- Ideal keeping and breeding conditions for fish from blackwater habitats.
- Contents: 1 pack active peat pellets. Incl. net bag and clip - diameter per pellet approx. 16 mm, length 15-25 mm.
- Clean and healthy water
- Plant and food remains and metabolic substances lead to a deterioration of the quality of the water in the aquarium.
- Good water quality is necessary for healthy fish and plants. This can be achieved with various filters and filter materials.
- The filters suck in the aquarium water and remove the pollution and waste materials with the filter material from the water.
- JBL Tormec reduces the carbonate hardness and the pH value thanks to its high content of humic substances.
- Due to its slightly inherent colour it filters certain parts of the light spectrum like in natural tropical waters. This has an algae preventing effect.
Do peat products increase the phosphate concentration in my tank?
> Peat is a natural product consisting of plant components (peat mosses, other bog plants) which are deposited in high bogs. These components are not fully mineralised under the conditions there, so that peat is formed.
Just like any other organism, plants also contain phosphorus, which all organisms need for their energy metabolism. In this respect, it is normal for peat products to contain phosphorus in the form of phosphates. The phosphates bound in the plants aren't released until the peat is mineralised further under aerobic conditions.
Can I really leave the granules of JBL Tormec in the filter for 3-6 months as stated on the packaging?
> Yes, you can leave JBL Tormec in the filter that long, because the action of the product is extended as a result of its pellet structure (smaller surface causing the exchange of water in the pellet to be slower). You should bear in mind, though, that the exchange capacity decreases in the course of time.