NT LABS Aquarium Starter Kit 100ml
Tap Water Safe removes chlorine and other halogens, chloramine and heavy metals found in tap water, which are toxic to fish. Tap Water Safe also contains a special protective coating that reduces stress caused by transportation of fish.
Use when filling a new aquarium and anytime when adding fresh tap water i.e. during a water change. Also use when moving fish from one place to another: simply add to the transport bags.
If left, fish waste will build up and become toxic. Filter Starter contains Bacillus megaterium, B. pumilis, B. licheniformis, Paenbacillius polymyxa, Nitrosomonas spp., Nitrobacter spp., and Nitrospira spp. These friendly filter bacteria break down fish waste, making the water safe for fish.
Add to a new aquarium to help ‘kick-start’ the filter, when adding new fish, after a filter clean/water change, or after using a disease treatment.
How to use:
- Once all of the aquarium gravel, decorations and hardware have been washed and placed in the aquarium, fill your aquarium with tap water.
- Add 5ml per 25 litres of Tap Water Safe to the aquarium.
- Switch on the lights, filter (and if starting a tropical aquarium, a heater set to 22-25oC).
- Once the water is at the right temperature, your aquarium is ready for a few fish. Ask your retailer about the best fish to add to your new aquarium.
- The day you add fish to your aquarium, add 5ml of Filter Starter to every 25 litres of aquarium water. Repeat dose after each water change. When adding fish follow the instructions provided by your fish retailer.
- Do not overfeed your new fish. For the first month, only feed once every other day until the filter matures (2-3 granules of food per fish is plenty). Monitor the quality of the water twice weekly throughout this time, especially for ammonia and nitrite using NT Labs Test Kits and conduct 25% water changes weekly for 4 weeks remembering to use Tap Water Safe.