SALIFERT Ammonia (NH3) Profi Test (Saltwater)
Ammonia Test Profi Test is highly accurate and is designed for the saltwater aquarium.
Ammonia and Ammonium are substances which should be converted rapidly into Nitrite followed by Nitrate and Nitrogen gas.
If this does not happen then the aquarium is not fully cycled or biological processes are not proceeding as they should.
The Salifert Ammonia test is straightforward and measures the sum of toxic ammonia and ammonium in just a few minutes.
The kit can perform approx. 50 measurements and can detect 0.5 ppm of total ammonia easily.
1) Using the provided syringe(2ml), add 2ml of aquarium water into the test vial.
2) Using the provided syringe(1ml), add 0.5ml of NH3 reagent to the test vial and swirl for 30 seconds.
Add the remaining 0.5ml of NH3 reagent and swirl the test vial for another 10 seconds.
3) Allow to stand for 3 minutes.
4) Swirl the test vial for 5 seconds.
5) Place the test vial in front of the colour chart to match the colour of the solution.
The values on the colour chart are in mg/L of total Ammonia (NH3 plus NH4+)
The use of protective gloves and eye protection is recommended.
Please read the instructions carefully before using the product.
Salifert is a Netherlands base company that produces top of the line test kits as well as tank additives and foods for marine and reef aquariums. Salifert is well established and popular with hobbyist for their accurate and affordable test kits.