SALIFERT Flatworm eXit Reef Safe (Saltwater)
Flatworm - eXit
Although Flatworm eXit itself is safe to fish and invertebrates.
The body fluids of flatworms can be toxic to some reef inhabitants when present in high concentration. This body fluid is sometimes excreted when flatworms die.
As such it is important to follow the provided instructions as closely as possible.
1) Siphon out as many flatworms as possible.
2) Keep sufficient fresh activated carbon in a canister ready.
3) Turn off UV, ozone and remove activated carbon. Keep the skimmer turned on.
Read all the above text before commencing with the treatment!
- 1 drop for every 4 liters or 1 gallon.
The dropper contains approx. 300 drops (10 ml). The dropper cap holds approx. 90 drops.
So 1 cap full is good for 360 liters or 90 gallons.
- Add it in a high flow area of the tank. If you want to treat a refugium only and if it’s volume is too small for using a powerhead then mixing should be done manually.
- It should start to work within 30 minutes.
- If within 45 minutes no visible death of flatworms occurs add 50% more.
- As soon as the flatworms start to die commence with the activated carbon to take out any toxic body fluids. Also see the above given important remarks.
- After an hour or so you can turn any UV or ozone on again.
Keep out of the reach of children! Only for aquarium hobby use.
The use of protective gloves and eye protection is recommended.
Please read the instructions carefully before using the product.
Salifert is a Netherlands base company that produces top of the line test kits as well as tank additives and foods for marine and reef aquariums.
Salifert is well established and popular with hobbyist for their accurate and affordable test kits.