SALIFERT Phosphate Profi Test kit saltwater (PO4)
If phosphate is present in too high a concentration there may be an increase in growth of undesirable algae and if the phosphate level is higher than 0.04 mg/L the growth rate of corals and calcareous algae may decrease by as much as 90%.
The Salifert Phosphate test kit detects, in less than 5 seconds, the level of phosphate present.
There are two different ranges within the kit:
- a low range for phosphate-phosphor from 0.01 - 1 mg/L
- a medium range for phosphate-phosphor from 0.02 - 2 mg/L.
- Sufficient for 60 tests.
- Add with the syringe 10ml of water in the test vial
- Add to this 4 drops of PO4-1 reagent and swirl the test vial gently for 10 seconds
- Add to this 1 level scoop of PO4-2 reagent and swirl the contents gently for 30 seconds
- Place the open test vial on top of the colour shart on a part of the chart which is white and compare the colours looking from the top. Read the corresponding phosphate content. An intermediate colour corresponds to an intermediate phosphate content.
The phosphate values are in ppm Phosphate. If you prefer a reading in ppm Phosphate-Phosphor then divide the reading by 3 or use the table given below.
Keep out of the reach of children! Only for aquarium hobby use.
The use of protective gloves and eye protection is recommended.
Please read the instructions carefully before using the product.
Salifert is a Netherlands base company that produces top of the line test kits as well as tank additives and foods for marine and reef aquariums.
Salifert is well established and popular with hobbyist for their accurate and affordable test kits.