SALIFERT Kalium Potassium (K) REEF Test (Saltwater)
Having a reliable and easy to use potassium test kit is hard to come by. Salifert test kits have been trusted by discerning reefers for years for their ease of use and reliability. Many other test kits are hard to use and consume your valuable time. The average test using this kit should easily take under 5 minutes and give you a reading that can be repeated time and time again.
Contains up to 40 potassium tests.
- With the unlabeled syringe add 1mL of aquarium water to the test vial. There will be a small air bubble (approx. 0.05 mL) in the syringe do NOTattempt to remove the air bubble.
- Add 0.5 mL of K-1 using the red labeled syringe in the test vial. There will be a small air bubble (approx. 0.05 mL) in the syringe do NOTattempt to remove the air bubble. Swirl the test vial gently for at least 20 seconds.
- Add to the test vial 3 drops of K-2 while holding the dropper bottle in a vertical position. There is no need to swirl the test vial after this step.
- Add to the test vial K-3 one drop at a time, while holding the dropper bottle in a vertical position. Swirl the test vial for 2 seconds in between each drop of reagent. Continue adding K-3 while counting drops and swirling between each until the color changes from a white or yellowish color to a baby blue / light blue color. The change is very dramatic.
- After color change is complete compare number of drops to ppm potassium chart below.
Keep out of the reach of children! Only for aquarium hobby use.
The use of protective gloves and eye protection is recommended.
Please read the instructions carefully before using the product.
Salifert is a Netherlands base company that produces top of the line test kits as well as tank additives and foods for marine and reef aquariums. Salifert is well established and popular with hobbyist for their accurate and affordable test kits.