TCulture Anubias Barteri Nana 'Golden'
Common Name: Anubias Nana
This is the golden variant of the popular Anubias Nana. If you're new to planted tanks and want to try growing for the first time, this is a good one to start with. It's an extremely easy plant to grow and can survive a wide range of water parameters. Like other Anubias plants it can grow in both aquariums and terrariums either submerged or emersed.
Anubias Nana is a flowering plant that grows best when the rhizome is attached to a hard surface such as wood or stones. They have low to medium light requirements and can benefit from regular fertilization. CO2 is not necessary but can promote faster growth and more robust leaves. Since its a slow grower, the leaves are susceptible to algae growth if placed under high lighting.
Propagation is easy and straightforward; simply cut or pull apart rhizomes to be replanted.
- Anubias are strong plants that can thrive in a variety of environments.
- These epiphytes can be planted above the substrate or attached to hardscape.
- Burying the rhizome, will cause the plant to melt and die.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its pot. For instructions on how to properly prep aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Araceae
Origin: West Africa
Co2: Not necessary
Propagation: Separate by rhizome
Growth rate: Slow to moderate