TCulture Bucephalandra Green Wavy on wood
Bucephalandra sp. “Wavy Green” differs from the plant with the trade name “Wavy Leaf” by a wider, rounder leaf shape, but possibly it also belongs to Bucephalandra pygmaea from Bukit Kelam / Sintang. As long as it is not identified with certainty, we label the plant with its trade name. The offered “Wavy Green” is sustainably produced in nurseries and not collected in the nature.
“Wavy Green” has bright medium green leaves with slightly red-brown, short leaf stalks. The leaf tip is round, the base cuneate. The leaf margin is undulate. The plant gets a height of about 6 cm.
As well as other Bucephalandra variants, “Wavy Green” is a rheophyte (a plant adapted to strong water current), growing on rock along fast-flowing streams on Borneo island. Also in aquariums it grows well as epiphyte on stone and wood but it can also be fixed to the substrate in the aquarium foreground. Its small size and slow growth rate make it an ideal plant for nano tanks and other small aquariums.
- Rare aquarium plant for beginners and experienced aquarists alike
- Gives your aquarium a natural planted look
- Fish will love this plant and some species will use them to lay eggs
- Can provide hiding places for fry and invertebrates
- Easy plant for aquarium foregrounds and nano tanks