Tropica Heteranthera Zosterifolia 1-2-GROW!
- Heteranthera zosterifolia from South America is an extremely beautiful plant, which forms a lot of side shoots and thus quickly forms a bushy plant group.
- Stems can become 30-50 cm tall and 6-12 cm wide.
- Leaves often become black on the back. In strong light growth is intensive, and the plant must be pruned before it becomes so compact that no light reaches the lower leaves.
- Water roots often form on the stem. Those are easily cut and replanted.
- In open aquariums, it forms small blue flowers if some shoots are allowed to spread on the surface.
|Height:||20 - 30+|
Small plants with great success. 1•2•Grow! Are very young plants cultivated and delivered directly from our laboratory. The plants are guaranteed to be free from snails, algae and pesticides and therefore are totally harmless for sensitive shrimp and fish. The range offers unique plants!
Success with your aquarium depends largely on the proper plant choice. In a 1•2•Grow! cup you buy a myriad of plants which can be divided into small portions and cover a larger area. Plants are compact from the start so you will experience a dense and beautiful growth, if you give them the right fertiliser and CO2 from the start! The range is perfect for small and medium sized aquariums, and your patience will be rewarded...
The range offers several mosses and specialties such as Rotala macrandra, Rotala 'Bonsai' and mini versions of traditional varieties such as Alternanthera and Eleocharis.
See our video about how to handle these plants here or read below:
Carefully take the plant out of the cup and rinse off the growing media under the tap.
Split the plant in 6-8 portions using your fingers or sharp scissors (for small foreground plants).
Plant portions into the substrate using tweezers. Then watch them grow!